python installation on windows

Rhodri James rhodri at wildebst.org.uk
Sun Mar 23 22:22:54 EDT 2014

On Sun, 23 Mar 2014 17:09:09 -0000, <rborole06 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Everybody
>
> actually i want to run python on web browser.

Actually you don't.  You want to run Python on a web server, which
fortunately is a good deal easier.

> I downloaded python and installed but i'm not able to run it in browser
> but it running using command prompt. so i trying to install mod_wsgi
> 3.4. So i downloaded precompiled version mod_wsgi-3.4.ap22.win32-py2.6
> and copied mod_wsgi.so file to C:\wamp\bin\apache\Apache2.2.11\modules
> after i'm trying to run .\configure on path C:\Documents and
> Settings\Rahul\Desktop\mod_wsgi-3.4.ap22.win32-py2.6 but it giving me
> error that .\configure is not recognized as internal or external command.
>
> So please suggest me what can i do for that, i'm so beginner to python
> and installing and configuring modules for apache.

The ".\configure" thing is for Linux installations using autotools; it's
not going to work on Windows.

I don't run Apache on Windows, so I'm just guessing from the documentation
here, but the mod_wsgi "Installation on Windows" page says to "follow the
instructions for loading mod_wsgi in the Quick Installation Guide."  The
"Quick Installation Guide" page has instructions for editing the Apache
config files.  No mention of running ".\configure" -- why are you doing
that?  Try just editing the config files as the documentation suggests and
see if that works.