Help needed to create a Python extension library for an existing shared memory hash table library

Jens Thoms Toerring jt at toerring.de
Sun Mar 23 09:07:11 EDT 2014

Simon Hardy-Francis <simonhf at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Python fans, I just released my first open source project ever called
> SharedHashFile [1]. It's a shared memory hash table written in C. Some guy
> on Quora asked [2] whether there's an extension library for Python coming
> out. I would like to do one but I know little about Python. I was wondering
> if anybody in this group has experience writing extension libraries for
> Python?

There are, as far as I know, a number of tools that can help you
to create extension modules from C/C++ libraries (i.e. Python bin-
dings for the library). One that I have used successfully with a
largish C++ library of mine is shortly described here

http://www.riverbankcomputing.com/software/sip/intro

and the documentation and download are at

http://pyqt.sourceforge.net/Docs/sip4/
http://www.riverbankcomputing.com/software/sip/download

Since I haven't used any of the alternatives I can't comment on
how good they are. A list of them can be found here

https://wiki.python.org/moin/IntegratingPythonWithOtherLanguages

                               Regards, Jens
  \   Jens Thoms Toerring  ___      jt at toerring.de