No subject

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 11:01:23 EDT 2014

On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 6:06 PM, J Prashanthan <jprashanthan at gmail.com> wrote:
> i am doing my masters currently and im stuck up with my final project. As i
> was interested in learning a new language i opted to do my final project in
> python. im currently working on building an unit tester for multithreaded
> code. Due to various reasons i got stuck with my project. basically my lack
> of knowledge in python and i have none to help me with it. i have no idea
> what to do with my project . and my deadline is in another 1 week . I have
> completed working on the atomicity violation finder .
> Finding Atomicity-Violation Bugs through Unserializable Interleaving Testing
> by
> Shan Lu, Soyeon Park, and Yuanyuan Zhou, Member, IEEE. This is my base paper
> . can anyone please help me with it. if anyone has a working code please
> mail me.

Almost certainly nobody here has working code that they're willing to
simply give you. Is your final project expected to be more than a
week's work? If so, I think you're a bit stuck - at least as regards
the deadline. But if you have a good idea of how to write code (in
some other language than Python), and if you have a thorough set of
notes of what you're trying to accomplish (in pseudo-code, or at least
your native language - for me that would be English), then you might
be able to translate it all into working Python code fairly
efficiently.

A week is, I'm afraid, not very long for a large project. But with a
good language, you can do an amazing amount of work in a short time;
and Python is a very good language. I recently knocked together most
of a game engine inside 24 hours (not in Python but in a similar
language); you might well be able to go from nil to running before
your time is up. But it's going to take a lot of work, and you're
going to need to start by getting broad familiarity with Python. So
start here:

http://docs.python.org/3/tutorial/

ChrisA