pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: hiredis

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Mon Mar 17 03:47:53 EDT 2014

On Sun, 16 Mar 2014 23:10:29 -0700, jobmattcon wrote:

> this is a specific tool related with python
>
> http://heynemann.github.io/r3/
>
> i am trying to do a simple example like the diagram in the web page
> describe and then use with sympy to massive generate functions and plot
> and print into a directory

I'm afraid that unless you can identify where the problem lies, we
probably won't be able to help you.

I've used sympy, but I haven't used r3 or redis. Can you confirm:

- is redis is working outside of Python?

- can you get sympy working without r3?

- have you installed r3 successfully? how do you know?

- can you demonstrate the SIMPLEST possible piece of
  code that shows the failure?

Reading this website may help. Although it is written for Java, the same
principles apply to Python:

http://www.sscce.org/

Good luck!

And by the way, although most of us will try to be tolerant towards minor
breaches of etiquette, we do prefer interleaved posting like this:

    > Question blah blah?

    Answer.

    > Another question?

    Further answers.