which async framework?

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Tue Mar 11 12:52:18 EDT 2014

On 2014-03-11, Antoine Pitrou <solipsis at pitrou.net> wrote:
> Sturla Molden <sturla.molden <at> gmail.com> writes:
>>
>> Chris Withers <chris <at> simplistix.co.uk> wrote:
>> > Hi All,
>> >
>> > I see python now has a plethora of async frameworks and I need to try
>> > and pick one to use from:
>> >
>> > - asyncio/tulip
>> > - tornado
>> > - twisted
>>
>> I'd go for using iocp, epoll and kqueue/kevent directly. Why bother to
>> learn a framework? You will find epoll and kqueue/kevent in the select
>> module and iocp in pywin32.
>
> Yes, why use a library when you can rewrite it all yourself?
> Actually, you should probably issue system calls to the kernel directly,
> the libc is overrated (as is portability, I suppose).

And don't bother with device drivers for the network adapters either.
Just map their PCI regions in to user-space and twiddle the reigisters
directly!  ;)

[I do that when testing PCI boards with C code, and one of these days
I'm going to figure out how to do it with Python.]

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! It's a hole all the
                                  at               way to downtown Burbank!