which async framework?

Marko Rauhamaa marko at pacujo.net
Tue Mar 11 06:58:51 EDT 2014

Sturla Molden <sturla.molden at gmail.com>:

> I'd go for using iocp, epoll and kqueue/kevent directly. Why bother to
> learn a framework? You will find epoll and kqueue/kevent in the select
> module and iocp in pywin32.

You beat me to it.

However, I'm hoping asyncio will steer the Python faithful away from
blocking threads to the "right way" of doing networking. The Java people
came to their senses with the advent of NIO.

I think one of the main remaining sticking points is database access. I
barely do any database stuff, but last I checked it's all done with
synchronous APIs.

Marko