Balanced trees

Rustom Mody rustompmody at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 12:01:23 EDT 2014

On Monday, March 10, 2014 4:27:13 PM UTC+5:30, Ned Batchelder wrote:
> You are right that you and Steven have had a hard time communicating.
> You are part of "you and Steven", it would be at least polite to
> consider that part of the reason for the difficulty has to do with your
> style.  It can be brief and contrarian, which puts people off.  Perhaps
> if you tried to understand the gap and bridge it more, people would be
> less inclined to think that you were trying to widen the gap.

> --Ned.

Hi Ned

As you know on the whole I am thankful to you that you keep some order on this list.

I however find it strange and one-sided that you pull up Marko and not Steven given

1. Steven's response is almost entirely vituperative and that is in response to

2. Being pointed out that a finite-input table-lookup being called a
hash-function is a rather nonsensical claim and goes counter
to the basic tenets of asymptotic notation. (In CS unlike in math 'asymptote' is always infinity) IOW

3. If I start off with "I am going to out-pedant you..." and then goof up my
attempted pedantry whose fault is it?