Balanced trees

Ned Batchelder ned at nedbatchelder.com
Mon Mar 10 06:57:13 EDT 2014

On 3/10/14 5:41 AM, Marko Rauhamaa wrote:
> Steven D'Aprano <steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info>:
>
>> If I am right, that certainly would explain your apparent inability to
>> understand the difference between "is" and == operators, your
>> insistence that object IDs are addresses, and your declaration that
>> object identity is philosophically untenable.
>
> You and I certainly have a very hard time communicating. Your
> paraphrasing of my positions demonstrates that.

Marko, welcome to the community.  We enjoy technical discourse, even
debate.  It's clear that you bring a lot of knowledge, intelligence, and
passion.  But you have been involved in a number of long contentious
threads in the last few weeks.

You are right that you and Steven have had a hard time communicating.
You are part of "you and Steven", it would be at least polite to
consider that part of the reason for the difficulty has to do with your
style.  It can be brief and contrarian, which puts people off.  Perhaps
if you tried to understand the gap and bridge it more, people would be
less inclined to think that you were trying to widen the gap.

--Ned.