debugging on windows

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Mon Mar 10 11:41:14 EDT 2014

>>> Unhandled exception at 0x1e0aebb8 in python.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000048.
>
> This is a C level error -- likely some memory corruption.
> You will need a C level debugger to analyse the problem -
> and likely, it will not be easy.

indeed it was. Seems I have made a C extension class with unusual properties. It
creates instances OK, but they have no __class__ attribute and when I try to run
type(instance) I get this segfault. My silly Pmw based program is running over
lots of attributes trying to establish where things come from and what they are
so randomly tryes to run inspect.routine over one of the bad instances.
-bumbling-ly yrs-
Robin Becker