Is their a command to view code?

NexusRAwesome1995 . nexusrawesome at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 12:55:52 EST 2014

I am making a text based aventure game for my assignment and a friends test
run has somehow saved over the entire code file and now im using an earlier
version of the code. I have 0 idea if there is anyway to look at the code
using the IDLE and i need to do it to see how i fixed the fatal error left
behind by a friend. My on computer backup has not worked and the backup on
my memory stick also has the same problem.
If anyone knows of a way to get my code back i will be grateful as this is
my 1st project and i'm not that used to the syntax.
the item added is the outcome of what happened.