Diagnose a segfault in ipython/readline

Ned Deily nad at acm.org
Wed Mar 5 23:15:31 EST 2014

In article <2114014.zHAFJyoHbS at felix-arch>,
 Felix Yan <felixonmars at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm getting a reproducible crash in ipython, but not sure what upstream it
> should belong to.
>
> The crash happens with python 2.7.6/3.3.4, with readline 6.3.
>
> Steps to reproduce:
>
> - run ipython
> - input some random char sequence that you never inputed (like
> "ae3r0gka03k0k23"), don't press Enter
> - press "Up", followed by any key
>
> Backtrace pasted here: https://paste.xinu.at/cg7/
> Downstream bug report on Arch Linux: https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/39144
>
> Any help would be really appreciated!

AFAIK, the only recent Python issue related to GNU readline was
Issue20374 but it seems you've already eliminated that.  The current
assumption is that Python 2.7.6+, 3.3.5, and 3.4.0 have no problems with
readline 6.3.  If you end up believing that there is a Python problem
with it, please open an issue on the Python bug tracker.  Thanks!

http://bugs.python.org

--
 Ned Deily,
 nad at acm.org