python decimal library dmath.py v0.3 released

Mark H. Harris harrismh777 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 07:02:26 EST 2014

On Monday, March 3, 2014 5:34:30 AM UTC-6, Mark H. Harris wrote:
> hi folks,

Terry,  I posted this mod as an idea on python-ideas, as you suggested.
Also, I made the additional suggestion that decimal floating point be
considered as the primary floating point type for python4.x, with an
optional binary floating type (2.345b) if the user might like that.

As Steven pointed out last week, we have a fast module now for decimal
floating point; it seems this is a good time to consider this as a serious
idea for future python(s).

marcus