why i can't install ez_setup

Peter Tomcsanyi tomcsanyi at slovanet.sk
Sun Jun 29 05:00:35 EDT 2014

"Mark Lawrence" <breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
news:lonp2t$gk3$1 at ger.gmane.org...
> I don't consider that particularly sound adice.  easy_install is hardly an
> "obscure Python installation tool".  If you get pip it will look after the
> dependancies for you.  The site you're referenced is unofficial.  FWIW
> I've used it and never had a problem, but it's certainly a case of "buyer
> beware".

Well, I suggested to the original poster using the only way of installing
Python things for Windows which worked for me.
After trying all the ez_installs and pips (which require some C compilers
installed and PATH variable set properly and ...) and whatever suggested on
many sites, which never worked for me, I felt a big relief when I found that
page full of prepared proper Windows installers.
You are right, one must be bewared when downloading anything, but from my
(and your) experience it seems to be safe.

Peter