why i can't install ez_setup

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jun 28 21:10:59 EDT 2014

On 29/06/2014 00:50, Peter Tomcsanyi wrote:
> I cannot answer the original question.
>
> But: do you need ez_setup at all?
>  From your text it's clear that you are using Python on Windows.
>
> Therefore I suggest you to forget about the obscure Python installation
> tools and look at:
> http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/
> Find there the Python modules that you want to install. Then just
> download the proper windows installers (for the module and all its
> prerequisites) and install the modules' binaries in the way which is
> usual in Windows.
>
> Or are you trying to install a package that is not listed on the
> above-mentioned site?
>
> Peter

I don't consider that particularly sound adice.  easy_install is hardly
an "obscure Python installation tool".  If you get pip it will look
after the dependancies for you.  The site you're referenced is
unofficial.  FWIW I've used it and never had a problem, but it's
certainly a case of "buyer beware".

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence

---