What can Nuitka do?

CM cmpython at gmail.com
Sat Jun 28 01:40:49 EDT 2014

> Just add Scripts to path (not Scripts/nuitka),
> and it should run nuitka.bat. I would guess that
> the one without an extension is a Unix shell script
> of some sort; have a look at it, see if it's a text
> file that begins "#!/bin/sh" or similar. Most likely
> the file sizes of nuitka and nuitka.bat will be
> similar - of the order of hundreds of bytes, even,
> as they're probably just invoking Python.

I tried that, and it still gives me the same message.
This is the Windows path, right?  In it, among other
paths, I have:

    C:\Python27\Scripts\

(or without the last "\" also, though it should
not matter, right?)

The nuitka file starts with

    #!C:\Python27_32\python.exe

and is a Python script. It says in a docstring,

""""
This is the main program of Nuitka, it
checks the options and then translates
one or more modules to a C++ source code
using Python C/API in a build directory
compiles it to either an executable or an
extension module that can contain other
modules. """

I'm confused as to why it's not just a .py
file.  The nuitka.bat, aside from some
remarks, is this:

    @echo off
    setlocal