What can Nuitka do?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sat Jun 28 01:02:52 EDT 2014

On Sat, Jun 28, 2014 at 2:45 PM, CM <cmpython at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Saturday, June 28, 2014 12:23:03 AM UTC-4,
> Stefan Behnel wrote:
>
>> There should be a folder Python27/Scripts that
>> contains the executable programs that Python packages
>> install.
>
> Thank you, yes, it's there.  But there are two
> files:  nuitka (I don't see an extension and
> don't know the file type) and nuitka.bat.  I
> added C:/Python27/Scripts/nuitka to the Windows
> path but it still doesn't recognize the name.

Just add Scripts to path (not Scripts/nuitka), and it should run
nuitka.bat. I would guess that the one without an extension is a Unix
shell script of some sort; have a look at it, see if it's a text file
that begins "#!/bin/sh" or similar. Most likely the file sizes of
nuitka and nuitka.bat will be similar - of the order of hundreds of
bytes, even, as they're probably just invoking Python.

ChrisA