What should i do

alister alister.nospam.ware at ntlworld.com
Fri Jun 27 14:12:40 EDT 2014

On Fri, 27 Jun 2014 08:18:24 -0700, Paul McNett wrote:

> On 6/27/14, 2:19 AM, suburb4nfilth at gmail.com wrote:
>> Hello I finished the codeacademy python course a week ago and my goal
>> is to start developing websites (both back and front end) ,my question
>> is do i start the web dev tuts and learn the holes of knoledge on the
>> go or continue to learn python?
>
> In my opinion if you want to start developing both front and backend of
> websites, then you should start developing a "full-stack" web
> application. You'll stumble and have to redo things along the way, but
> there's no better way to learn.
>
> 1) Get a Linux host with root access, like from Rackspace cloud. You are
> only charged while it is switched on. If you leave it on for a month
> you'll owe maybe $16.
Better yet host internally on your own Linux box
Even a Raspberry pi for <£45 (inc case PSU & sd card) could do this if
you don't have a spare PC to use.

you don't want a development system exposed to the public internet anyway
(unless you want to become Nicos Mk 2)

--
Don't worry about people stealing your ideas.  If your ideas are any good,
you'll have to ram them down people's throats.