Python 3.4.1 installer on Mac links Python to old Tcl/Tk

Christian Gollwitzer auriocus at gmx.de
Wed Jun 25 16:48:33 EDT 2014

Am 25.06.14 21:26, schrieb Peter Tomcsanyi:
> "Christian Gollwitzer" <auriocus at gmx.de> wrote in message
> news:lodruv$k45$1 at dont-email.me...
>> may I ask which features of 8.6 you need in particular?
>
> I need two of them:
> - Angled text
> - PNG image support with alpha channel (even if it seems a bit limited,
> particularly I still did not find the way to programmatically set/read
> the alpha channel of one individual pixel of the image, but maybe it is
> just my inability and a question to another newsgroup).

For PNG image support you can load either the Img package which gives
support for a large variety of images, or the smaller tkpng package.
After loading these, Tk 8.5 will accept PNG as in 8.6. For angled text
it's right, I don't know, there used to be some hacks before, it's
probably not possible in a clean way. Glad to see, that you are pushing
the adoption of 8.6 ;) (I'm a Tcl-guy)

	Christian