OT: This Swift thing

CHIN Dihedral dihedral88888 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 15 06:08:44 EDT 2014

On Wednesday, June 4, 2014 10:53:13 PM UTC+8, Mark H. Harris wrote:
> On 6/4/14 9:24 AM, Skip Montanaro wrote:
>
> > Surely your local colleagues realize that Python has been around for
>
> > 20-odd years now, that indentation-based block structure has been
>
> > there since Day One, and that it's not going to change, right?
>

>      Yup. Its the primary argument on the side for indentation. "... and
>
> don't call me Surely"    :-)
>

> > {snip}
>

> > Why are you people even having this discussion?
>

>      The topic came up because the C/C++ coders were being encouraged to
>
> try Python3 as the language of choice for a new project, and someone
>
> said they would never consider Python for a project primary language
>
> because of indentation block delimiting. The whole debate, as in most
>
> flames, was stupid. The primary paradigm on this topic locally is that
>
> indents are bad because malformed or mangled code cannot be reformatted
>
> easily (if at all).
>

>      From my own perspective, if you tell me I need to use END, ok.  If
>
> I need to use {} , well ok, and if the BDFL says we use indents here,
>
> well that's cool tool.
>

>      Getting back to Swift, did they choose {} braces because JS uses
>
> them, or did they choose {} braces because 'they' think most people will
>
> want that style?
>

> marcus

Well, I think a tool kit such as the
Pascal to C translator can solve the
problem.

Since Python is OOP and functional with
dynamic typing,  a Python to Go or Swift translator can be written in Python.

Of course some features of Python might be restricted.

We need to chunk out fashion jobs in
different  commercial platforms to draw attentions from non-programmers
whose roles are to pay for fashion HW/SW products.