Unicode and Python - how often do you index strings?

Ned Deily nad at acm.org
Thu Jun 5 18:57:23 EDT 2014

In article <8681edf0-7a1f-4110-9f87-a8cd0988cece at googlegroups.com>,
 Rustom Mody <rustompmody at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Friday, June 6, 2014 2:30:26 AM UTC+5:30, Roy Smith wrote:
> > Just for fun, I took a screen-shot of what this looks like in my
> > newsreader.  URL below.  Looks like something chomped on unicode pretty
> > hard :-)
> >
> > http://www.panix.com/~roy/unicode.pdf
>
> Yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roy is using MT-NewsWatcher as a client.  Because its codebase's origins
are back in classic MacOS (<= 9), it has its own *interesting* ways to
deal with encodings.  BTW, don't upgrade to OS X 10.9 Mavericks if
you're dependent on MT-NW; it finally stops working there because what
was left of Open Transport support in OS X has finally been ripped out
of 10.9.

--
 Ned Deily,
 nad at acm.org