immutable vs mutable

Mark H Harris harrismh777 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 15:00:30 EDT 2014

On 6/3/14 8:14 PM, Deb Wyatt wrote:

> Well, I'm glad you find this concept straight-forward.
> I guess I'm not as smart as you.

Not at all.  I think you misunderstood me.  I read the article and I
reviewed it (although brief, I stand by what I said).

To expand a bit, the article is poorly written and adds more confusion
to the topic than it straightens out. (that is not a comment on your, or
my, intelligence) Most of the article is based on a misunderstanding of
the concept of python as variable, and that topic comes up here all the
time with these at the top:

1) python does not have variables

2) python has names bound to objects

3) python of *course* has variables