Upgrading from Python verison 2.7 to 3.4.1

Skafec, Allison Allison.Skafec at alliancedata.com
Tue Jun 3 15:43:00 EDT 2014

Hello All-

Please forgive me, as I am new to installing and configuring Python. I am a server administrator trying to install a new version of Python on a server. We currently have Python version 2.7 installed (located at C:/Python27), along with Python (x,y) and using Spyder2 to view. I have installed Python version 3.4.1 (located at C:/Python34) and also have Spyder installed within this folder. I open Spyder through the Python34 folder, but it still opens Python version 2.7. I cannot seem to get it to open version 3.4.1. We do not want to uninstall Python 2.7 until we have Python 3.4 ready, as we do not want users to lose the use of the tool. Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Allison

2014-06-03, 15:43:02
The information contained in this e-mail message and any attachments may be privileged and confidential.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this e-mail and delete the message and any attachments from your computer.