.Net Like Gui Builder for Python?

CM cmpython at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 13:46:50 EDT 2014

On Friday, July 25, 2014 10:55:44 AM UTC-4, Orochi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This Question may sound lame ,but I am searching for .Net Like Gui Builder for Python.
>
> I tried PyQt Designer' and 'Glade', No doubt its great but it created only interface.
>
> I have to code all the things in separate file.
>
> what I was searching for is Visual Studio .Net like Gui builder where you
>
> drag and drop widgets and just double click on the widget to edit code of that widget.All other formalities of creating a function and class for the main window and widget(e.g Button) is already done.
>

> So,Is there any Gui App builder like Visual Studio or having features like Visual Studio for Python.

There is Boa Constructor, targeting wxPython, but it hasn't been updated in ~7 years; it can run with Python 2.6.  It's a GUI builder + IDE, and can do quite a bit (it's basically Delphi for Python). Really impressive. I wish it were able to work with 2.7 but there is no community helping it along at this point, and most seem to have let it go the way of the Palm Pilot.