.Net Like Gui Builder for Python?

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 23:33:52 EDT 2014

On 07/25/2014 08:55 AM, Orochi wrote:
> Hi, This Question may sound lame ,but I am searching for .Net Like
> Gui Builder for Python. I tried PyQt Designer' and 'Glade', No doubt
> its great but it created only interface. I have to code all the
> things in separate file. what I was searching for is Visual Studio
> .Net like Gui builder where you drag and drop widgets and just double
> click on the widget to edit code of that widget.All other formalities
> of creating a function and class for the main window and widget(e.g
> Button) is already done.
>
> So,Is there any Gui App builder like Visual Studio or having features
> like Visual Studio for Python.

You can easily compile Qt Designer .ui files to python code with pyuic.
 But loading the .ui file at runtime is a good idea too, and what I do
for my programs.  It adds a certain amount of flexibility.

https://blog.safaribooksonline.com/2014/01/22/create-basic-gui-using-pyqt/

I do the same thing with Glade. Modern GUI toolkits are moving away from
coding GUIs explicitly, at least on Linux and Mac.  Can't speak for windows.