.Net Like Gui Builder for Python?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sat Jul 26 06:25:19 EDT 2014

On Sat, Jul 26, 2014 at 8:14 PM, Dietmar Schwertberger
<maillist at schwertberger.de> wrote:
> For most software/tools that's good enough. It's better to have this than
> having
> nothing.
> Sure, when you have a look at the VB-created programs, most of them are
> flawed,
> but still they solve problems.
>
> Currently, Python is ruled out as tool in many situations due to the steep
> learning curve when it comes to GUIs, so people use Excel, Labview, Matlab
> or whatever (or nothing at all or still VB).

That's exactly what I mean by "attractive nuisance". Excel appears to
solve your problem, so you use it, and then as the problem shifts,
your spreadsheet gets more and more complicated, until it appears on
The Daily WTF. Is that really a good thing? I mean, you could have
started with pencil and paper, and that would have been even easier.
The only difference is that you outgrow paper sooner than VB, which
means porting is done on a much smaller "code"-base and is less of a
problem.

ChrisA