Exploring Python for next desktop GUI Project

Rob Gaddi rgaddi at technologyhighland.invalid
Thu Jul 24 16:46:44 EDT 2014

On Thu, 24 Jul 2014 13:10:03 -0700 (PDT)
Noble Bell <noblebell at gmail.com> wrote:

> If I were to us wxPython then I would be limited to Python 2.x at present. If I were to use PyQt I would have to pay, as I understand the licenses, for it to use in commercial programs and/or programs that I ask for donations. If I am not mistaken PyQT is available for Python 3. I am not familiar with PySide much other than I have heard, though, it is not being updated anymore.

I specifically switched from using wxPython to PySide when I decided
that I didn't want to keep building up more and more of my codebase on
Python 2.x., and didn't feel like wxPython Phoenix was ready for prime
time.

To the best of my knowledge, PySide is still under active
development, including as the day job for Robin Dunn, the lead
developer of wxPython.