Is it possible to install Python on a network?

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Wed Jul 23 00:18:18 EDT 2014

roys2005 <roys2005 at gmail.com> writes:

> Does this mean Python cannot be or should not be installed at a
> central location?

Can you explain better what you mean by this?

As stated, it doesn't make much sense to me: Any machine which supports
running Python can be central or distributed, but it can only be invoked
on the same machine. What does it mean *to you* to say “install Python
on a network”?

Perhaps you're asking not so much about installing, but *running*
Python. I don't see how you can run a program “on a network” except by
running the program *on one specific machine* and having that program
*communicate* over a network. Is that what you mean?

If not, you're going to need to explain what you are asking more
precisely.

--
 \     “Books and opinions, no matter from whom they came, if they are |
  `\     in opposition to human rights, are nothing but dead letters.” |