Network/multi-user program

Monte Milanuk memilanuk at invalid.com
Mon Jul 21 18:53:14 EDT 2014

On 2014-07-21, Lele Gaifax <lele at metapensiero.it> wrote:
> Monte Milanuk <memilanuk at invalid.com> writes:
>> How hard was it to migrate from a desktop app to what you have now?
>
> Well, basically I rewrote everything, there's nothing in common. The
> original application was written in Delphi, using Paradox tables, no
> i18n, no multiuser, no PDF printouts... On the other hand, with Python
> is far easier to get something working, and databasing with SQLAlchemy
> is a pleasure. On the frontend, ExtJS is impressive, even if it has its
> own drawbacks.

Any hints/opinions on what those drawbacks might be?  I know literally
almost nothing about JS.  I worked thru a short generic tutorial a couple
years ago, but nothing like these libraries I see people talking about
now like jquery, angular, ext, and so on.  Hence my hesitation at adding
another learning curve on top of python and the various libraries needed
for this first 'real' project.

Monte