PyWart(2.7.8) IDLE is more buggy than "Joe's apartment"!

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 12:05:09 EDT 2014

On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 1:57 AM, Lele Gaifax <lele at metapensiero.it> wrote:
> Granted, the readline library exposes a "operate-and-get-next" function,
> by default bound to \C-o, with the same behaviour as the cmd.exe
> one. I find it very handy in the scenario you picted. So again,
> "feature" and "bug" may be effectively subjective :-)

I've never used it, but from the name, I would take it to be
equivalent to "enter, down-arrow" in the above scenario. As a single
action, that's less surprising and just as useful. The problem isn't
when you consciously want the feature - it's when you DON'T want it
and get this unexpected state.

ChrisA