OT: usenet reader software

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 00:11:59 EDT 2014

On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 2:06 PM, Monte Milanuk <memilanuk at invalid.com> wrote:
> On 2014-07-20, Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:
>>  Ctrl-X in Angband,
>
> Ah-HAH!  I've been trying to remember what the name was of an old CLI
> game that I used to play via a dialup ssh connection (using PuTTY) to a
> Panix.com account (they ran on NetBSD).  Screen was my friend due to
> dropped connections, and I eventually moved from pine/pico to
> mutt/slrn/vim/bitchx (though to be honest I never warmed up to mutt all that
> much) until I got a Mac (OS X) and then later started dual-booting my
> PCs with Linux.  Angband was the name of the game I played back then... sweet!

Heh. I still have, sitting around, a modified Angband - which I did
before I knew about source control, so it'd be a bit of a pain to try
to rebase my changes onto a newer build. It has a whole lot of UI
improvements, a new character class, a few new races (they're easy), a
new gear slot, racial abilities, and a bunch of smaller features that
don't come to mind right now. I should clean it up and throw it onto
Github or something.

ChrisA