PyWart(2.7.8) IDLE is more buggy than "Joe's apartment"!

Tim Chase python.list at tim.thechases.com
Sun Jul 20 22:30:08 EDT 2014

On 2014-07-20 19:06, Rick Johnson wrote:
>  STEPS TO REPRODUCE BUG 1: "Attack of the clones!"
>
> 1. Open the IDLE application
> 2. Maximize the window that appears
> 3. Go to the "File Menu" and choose the "Open" command
>
> Now repeat step 3 at least one more time, but feel free to
> keep opening new dialogs until your fingers bleed and/or
> eyes pop out.

In the versions of IDLE that I have here (2.7.3 and 3.2.3), both
prevent me from repeating step #3 multiple times.

>  STEPS TO REPRODUCE BUG 2: "Hide and go seek!"
>
> 1. Open the IDLE application
> 2. Maximize the window that appears
> 3. Go to the "File Menu" and choose the "Open" command
> 4. Without disturbing the dialog, minimize the main window
> 5. Using the taskbar icon, maximize the window
>
> Where is the dialog?

Right where I left it?  Are you running with a broken window manager
that prevents you from seeing the dialog?  Sure, because I activated
the main IDLE window, it covers the dialog, but I can just select the
Open dialog in my task-bar and it pops to the top (alternatively, I
could have it display at a higher layer to prevent it from getting
covered by the main IDLE window). This is the behavior I want and
expect (I often want to refer to text in one window to inform my
decisions in a modal window).

I've got it running under Fluxbox on Debian Stable and it does exactly
what I want/expect.

-tkc