PyWart(2.7.8) IDLE is more buggy than "Joe's apartment"!

Rick Johnson rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 22:06:43 EDT 2014

On Sunday, July 20, 2014 8:02:11 PM UTC-5, Chris Angelico wrote:
> File dialogs can be modal or modeless. [...] and there are
> good reasons for both operation styles [...] Are you
> seriously unaware of standard GUI widget functionality?

Chris i get so tired of your trolling, you cannot just post
chastisements of me without proving your side beyond a shadow
of a doubt, which you have failed (yet again) to do.

Since most people in this community are not experienced with
the bugs of IDLE, i will now present you with the steps
required to reproduce the two filedialog bugs i mentioned in
my first post of this thread.

Chris, i challenge you to follow these direction and then
report back on this thread your opinion on what "benefits"
these buggy filedialog displays are offering to IDLE. Myself
and others would just *love* to hear your opinions.

 STEPS TO REPRODUCE BUG 1: "Attack of the clones!"

1. Open the IDLE application
2. Maximize the window that appears
3. Go to the "File Menu" and choose the "Open" command

Now repeat step 3 at least one more time, but feel free to
keep opening new dialogs until your fingers bleed and/or
eyes pop out.

Okay, now tell us, in what manner can an "interface bug"
like this be "beneficial"?

 STEPS TO REPRODUCE BUG 2: "Hide and go seek!"

1. Open the IDLE application
2. Maximize the window that appears
3. Go to the "File Menu" and choose the "Open" command
4. Without disturbing the dialog, minimize the main window
5. Using the taskbar icon, maximize the window

Where is the dialog? How will you retrieve it *WITHOUT*
reducing the size of the window? And even if you are smart
enough to "intuit" what happened to the dialog, and how to
retrieve it, how will a noobie "intuit" such a disappearing
act? And how in the hell can this be beneficial?