Tabbed IDLE (was PyWart(2.7.8) IDLE is more buggy than "Joe's apartment"!)

Tim Chase tim at thechases.com
Sun Jul 20 20:55:59 EDT 2014

On 2014-07-20 23:40, Irmen de Jong wrote:
> > And since IDLE is not a "tabbed editor", only *1* document
> > is going to be displayed at a time.
>
> False. Idle opens any number of documents at the same time just
> fine (in different windows - rather than tabs).

This sounds like a failing of the OP's window-manager.  Fluxbox lets
me combine any number of windows into a tabbed interface, so IDLE
*is* a tabbed editor on my machine (just like the Gimp).  Moreover, it
can even include other windows, so I just pulled together a tabbed
IDLE interface that also has a terminal for interacting with git, a
file-manager window for project management, and a mail window
(because Zawinski's law[1]). ;-)

-tkc

[1] """
Every program attempts to expand until it can read mail. Those
programs which cannot so expand are replaced by ones which can.
"""

.