Python 3 is killing Python

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Fri Jul 18 10:17:03 EDT 2014

On 2014-07-18, alex23 <wuwei23 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> There will never be a Python 2.8. When push comes to shove, the people
>> bitching about Python 3 will not do the work necessary to fork Python 2.7
>> and make a version 2.8.
>
> +1
>
> The idea that forking and maintaining Python 2.8 is somehow _less
> effort_ than porting code to Python 3.x is batshit crazy. The Py2.8
> claims seem to me to be nothing more than a shallow attempt to blackmail
> the core devs.

IMO, it's not even a credible "threat".  It's more like idle whinging
from people whom if given a brand new free BMW with lifetime
maintenance, gasoline, insurance, taxes and registration paid (and a
garage to keep it in) would bitch about the color of the interior.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! I'm pretending that
                                  at               we're all watching PHIL