Python 3 is killing Python

Emile van Sebille emile at fenx.com
Thu Jul 17 15:22:53 EDT 2014

On 7/17/2014 11:15 AM, Rick Johnson wrote:

> Sadly, all of my calls to improve IDLE have been meet with
> rebukes about me "whining". The "powers that be" would wise
> to *UTILIZE* and *ENCOURAGE* my participation instead of
> *IGNORING* valuable talent and *IMPEDING* the expansion of
> this "private boys club".

I imagine those that would be in a position to improve idle don't see
the point of it.  IMO, idle was never intended as a production
development editor but more as an extensive example of gui programming
with python.  Yes, you _can_ use it to edit, and there are nice python
hooks, but I doubt that anyone with the skills to enhance idle actually
uses idle.

You-can-also-program-using-notepad-eeew-ly y'rs,

Emile