Python 3 is killing Python

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jul 17 15:06:51 EDT 2014

On 17/07/2014 19:15, Rick Johnson wrote:
> On Thursday, July 17, 2014 5:12:23 AM UTC-5, Fabien wrote:
>
> Sadly, all of my calls to improve IDLE have been meet with
> rebukes about me "whining". The "powers that be" would wise
> to *UTILIZE* and *ENCOURAGE* my participation instead of
> *IGNORING* valuable talent and *IMPEDING* the expansion of
> this "private boys club".

Terry Reedy and Co have been pouring improvements into IDLE via the bug
tracker for months if not years.  How many times have you logged on
there to help out?

The background that allows this to happen
http://legacy.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0434/.  How strongly this
contrasts with '*IGNORING* valuable talent and *IMPEDING* the expansion
of this "private boys club"'.

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence

---