Python 3 is killing Python

Ben Finney ben at benfinney.id.au
Thu Jul 17 00:17:02 EDT 2014

Chris “Kwpolska” Warrick <kwpolska at gmail.com> writes:

> Also, the correct solution for all those is getting a sane client that
> can hide quotes and signatures.

No, there is often useful (or at least interesting) information in a
message signature block; the problem is with *some* of them, not all of
them.

And the problem is that one message presents obnoxious crap to every
reader; suggesting that the recipient is the one responsible for
avoiding obnoxious behaviour in a public forum is a mistake of ethics.

The correct solution to obnoxious crap boilerplate in messages is for
the sender to take action to stop generating obnoxious crap boilerplate
in messages. And our job is to convince them to implement that solution.

--
 \       “If you define cowardice as running away at the first sign of |
  `\   danger, screaming and tripping and begging for mercy, then yes, |