Python 3 is killing Python

Chris “Kwpolska” Warrick kwpolska at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 06:20:44 EDT 2014

A little more off-topic:

On Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 3:57 AM, MRAB <python at mrabarnett.plus.com> wrote:
> On 2014-07-16 00:53, Rick Johnson wrote:
>> Some folks even have software that "blabs" about how great a job it
>> is doing […], so if you see […] some pretentious line
>> about "this was sent from my i-phone" -- send that crap to the
>> bitbucket!
>>
> "This was sent from my iPhone" == "I have an iPhone!"

I personally parse those lines as “sent from my iPhone, which has an
on-screen touch keyboard, and it’s harder to type on it”.

> Also annoying is some footnote that says that the email contains
> confidential information and that if you're not the intended recipient
> you should delete it, etc.
>
> That's somewhat pointless if it's being sent to a public forum!

Corporate lawyers for the win!  99.9% of people who send e-mail with
this line are forced to do so by their corporation’s legal department.

Also, the correct solution for all those is getting a sane client that
can hide quotes and signatures.  Like Gmail (which defaults to
top-posting, but fixing this is one click per message away*).  And if
someone brings the “people need to download it anyway” argument: it’s
2014, people: hard-drives are large nowadays (or you can just use
IMAP) and if you’re paying $100 per kilobyte, you’re doing it wrong
and should not be online in the first place.

* trickier on mobile, though.

--
Chris “Kwpolska” Warrick <http://chriswarrick.com/>
PGP: 5EAAEA16