This Python 3 is killing Python thread is killing me.

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jul 16 16:27:04 EDT 2014

On 16/07/2014 20:24, Jason Swails wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 11:40 AM, Mark Lawrence <breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
> <mailto:breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk>> wrote:
>
>     On 16/07/2014 18:32, Deb Wyatt wrote:
>
>         Can you all stop already with the non python US bashing?  Please?
>
>         Deb in WA, USA
>

>     rr started it with a fairly impressive piece of trolling but as
>     you've asked so politely I will happily oblige.
>
> ​I honestly don't understand why you haven't kill-filed him yet.  I can
> understand people wanting to respond to jmf to prevent newbies and the
> Unicode-ignorant from thinking the FSR is not a good thing (or
> fundamentally wrong), although I've killfiled him as well. [1] But
> nobody will confuse rr's posts with something of value (their only
> possible use can be to populate
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_logical_fallacies and
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem).  There's nobody to protect
> from rr-induced misconceptions. [http://xkcd.com/386/]
>
> My life lurking and learning on Python-list has been dramatically
> improved since I began to instantiate filters, I highly recommend it.
>
> Cheers,
> Jason
>
> [1] Seen one and you've seen them all, and I'm no unicode expert.

The difference between our most illustrious resident unicode expert and
rr is that the former has only said anything of use once, whereas the
latter does know about tkinter/IDLE.  rr doesn't show up that often, the
MIRUC has been spewing his mistruths for nearly two years and IMHO
should have been booted into touch a long time ago.

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence

---