Mac python py2app problem

Gregory Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Wed Jul 16 03:40:44 EDT 2014

Kevin Walzer wrote:
> On 7/15/14, 9:56 PM, Nicholas Cannon wrote:
>
> I then put the .msi on sourceforge and it works great
>> but when i put the .app on there and download it it says something
>> like i can open this on old architecture or something so i have to put
>> it through google drive
>
> It's hard to make sense of what you are asking for. Can you just zip up
> the app bundle that py2app produces and upload it that way?

Are you aware that a .app on MacOSX is actually a
directory, not a single file? So, as Kevin says,
you will need to turn it into a zip file or
something similar that you can upload to a web
site.

Another popular way to distribute a MacOSX app
is using a disk image file (.dmg). Disk Utility
can be used to create those.

--
Greg