Python 3 is killing Python

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Tue Jul 15 01:41:29 EDT 2014

On Mon, 14 Jul 2014 21:18:05 -0700, Rick Johnson wrote:

> London bombed into the stone age

Sigh. How can one even begin to answer a statement of such ignorance?

For what little it is worth, if any one country won World War Two, it was
the USSR. I don't recall the exact numbers off the top of my head, but
while the Brits and Americans were having a relatively easy time of it
fighting the second-best German soldiers, the best, and by far the
majority, of the German armed forces were on the Eastern Front engaged in
the biggest, fiercest, most brutal battles of the war, bar none.

The Soviets destroyed the German airforce, smashed their tank battalions,
bled their armies dry, then steamrolled over Eastern Europe, East
Germany, and Berlin. The Western Front was, in comparison, a school
picnic. One can understand why, following WW2, the western powers formed
NATO and were so worried about the Red Army that they invited the Germans
to join.

--
Steven