Python 3 is killing Python

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 00:40:14 EDT 2014

On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 2:18 PM, Rick Johnson
<rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Monday, July 14, 2014 9:11:47 PM UTC-5, Chris Angelico wrote:
>> I dunno. It's not like Great Britain, Australia, or New
>> Zealand did anything significant in either war, is it.
>
> Most of Europe occupied, London bombed into the stone age;
> things were looking grim Chris! Maybe you should read up on
> some WW2 history, it's quite humbling to think what *could*
> have happened.

Yeah, because nobody managed to do anything during all that time, the
Royal Air Force was nowhere to be seen, and the various Resistances in
occupied countries were completely ineffectual.

>> Some people in Australia are still racist, but racism is
>> nothing like the problem it is in America, where you boast
>> so much of equality.
>
> Where do you get your info about America, from CNN? And for
> someone who is a self-described "Aussie" you sure seem to
> know more about Americans than Americans know about
> themselves... hmm, another enigma!

No... I have friends who are America experts. Actually, when I say
friends... they're more like family really. I don't want to scare you,
they can be a little bit inappropriate... and loud... and heavy.
Really, morbidly obese. I'm talking about the genuine article here,
and I converse with them on a daily basis.

And this is distinctly off-topic for this list. Talk about Python or
drop the issue, it really isn't as significant as you think it is.

ChrisA