Standard library Help

Wolfgang Maier wolfgang.maier at biologie.uni-freiburg.de
Fri Jul 11 04:53:48 EDT 2014

On 07/11/2014 10:32 AM, Nicholas Cannon wrote:
> Hey i would like to know alot more about the standard library and all of its functions and so on and i know it is huge and i would basically like to learn only the useful stuff that i could use and all of those features. i have been looking around and i cant really find anything so i wondering if you guys would know any places to learn it.

Consult the documentation:

https://docs.python.org/3/library/index.html

It's probably the only place that has everything documented.
Instead of reading everything from A-Z though, the more typical approach
is to skim through it to know what is available, then read in-depth the
parts that seem useful for a concrete problem you're trying to solve
currently. In my experience, a thorough understanding of most chapters
doesn't come with reading alone, but with practice.

Best,
Wolfgang