OT: Flashlights [was Re: PEP8 and 4 spaces]

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sun Jul 6 18:25:59 EDT 2014

On Mon, Jul 7, 2014 at 1:41 AM, Rick Johnson
<rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well Steven all i can hope is that one day you and i will be
> working on a project together, and you will ask me for a
> "touch", and when i return with a petrol soaked rag burning
> on the end of twig and proceed to light your hair on fire,
> hopefully at that moment, you will THEN gain a healthy respect
> for logical naming conventions!

Let's reverse that. Suppose you're the one who is asking for something
to illuminate your task - what item will you request? Remember, the
person who provides it will be exactly what you're suggesting of
yourself - a literal-minded genie.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LiteralGenie
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/JackassGenie

ChrisA