Help with some python homework...

Neil Cerutti neilc at norwich.edu
Fri Jan 31 08:51:34 EST 2014

On 2014-01-31, scottwd80 at gmail.com <scottwd80 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Here is the question that was asked and below that I'll paste
> the code I have so far.
>
> **If I leave my house at 6:52 am and run 1 mile at an easy pace
> (8:15 per mile), then 3 miles at tempo (7:12 per mile) and 1
> mile at easy pace again, what time do I get home for
> breakfast?**

That depends on the directions in which you run. Also, you are
fast!

But seriously, my advice is to find the answer the old fashioned
way first, with pencil and paper. Then you'll have two things you
don't now:

1. A correct answer to test your program's answer with.
2. A general idea of how to solve the problem.

It's often a mistake to start writing code. Eventually you'll be
able to go directly from problem to code more often, but it will
take practice.

--
Neil Cerutti