Highlighting program variables instead of keywords?

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Sun Jan 26 20:46:43 EST 2014

> What it is doing is color coding user-supplied identifiers, with different
> color for each one. I found that confusing to read.

I think it would take some time to get used to, and I don't think it
would be the only way I'd like to view my program.

I think an interactive pylint (or pyflakes or frosty) type capability
would be useful, highlighting a subset of the messages it produces,
like variables which were assigned but never used, or using undefined
variables. It might be best supported by actually running the checker
in the background, then using its messages to direct where to
highlight suspect bits of code.

Skip