Highlighting program variables instead of keywords?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sun Jan 26 19:51:20 EST 2014

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 11:46 AM, Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:
> The only use I can see for this is to track the usage of a particular name,
> but that would be better done by just highlighting one name at a time.

In SciTE, I can put the cursor on a word and hit Ctrl-F3 to find other
instances of that word. If that's not enough, following it up with
Ctrl-Home, F3 will find the first instance of it, and if the program
follows the Define-Before-Use principle, that'll be the definition.
That's usually enough.

ChrisA