Can post a code but afraid of plagiarism

Alister alister.ware at ntlworld.com
Mon Jan 20 04:36:38 EST 2014

On Sun, 19 Jan 2014 23:55:59 -0800, indar kumar wrote:

> Thanks all for help and positive comments. Actually, I tried to ask some
> questions but I was discouraged to do so saying that I was working on a
> project or some assignment. Truth be told I am stuck at one point and
> since I don't have experience with programming language, I have been
> working for it for two days but couldn't come up with some idea so
> posted some questions of the same format just to know whether there is
> particular method etc to do so. Hint would have been enough but I was
> strictly discouraged. You know the pain of working on assignment related
> to areas like socket programming and you even don't know how to use
> dictionaries and you are given only a week. Atleast I am trying to
> learn. The things that I am asking here are just basics on which my
> whole code would be building upon. But, as I said time is very less and
> have other courses also so wanted to know just the manipulation of
> dictionaries.
>
> If you allow me I can post a small part of that assignment, it just
> requires the manipulation with dictionary which I am not getting. I am
> not asking to write a code for me. But a small hint would get me out of
> trouble.

General advise is post the smallest section of code that demonstrates
your problem (It does not even have to be you actual code if it
demonstrates the same issue).

It is also important to post the full trace back of any errors.
you should also try to understand these trace backs yourself they will
become easier as you progress with the language

--
Your business will assume vast proportions.