python first project

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sun Jan 12 01:04:04 EST 2014

On Sun, Jan 12, 2014 at 4:14 PM, ngangsia akumbo <ngangsia at gmail.com> wrote:
> What options do you think i can give the Ceo. Because from what you have outline, i think i will like to follow your advice.
>
> If it is just some recording data stuff then some spreadsheet can do the work.
>
> From all indication it is a very huge project.
>
> How much do you thing all this will cost if we were to put the system all complete.

If you currently do all your bills and things on paper, then this job
is going to be extremely daunting. Even if you don't write a single
line of code (ie you buy a ready-made system), you're going to have to
convert everybody to doing things the new way. In that case, I would
recommend getting some people together to discuss exactly what you
need to do, and then purchase an accounting, warehousing, or inventory
management system, based on what you actually need it to do.

On the other hand, if it's already being done electronically, your job
is IMMENSELY easier. Easier, but more complex to describe, because
what you're really asking for is a program that will get certain data
out of your accounting/inventory management system and display it. The
difficulty of that job depends entirely on what you're using for that
data entry.

ChrisA