[OT] Migrating from non-free programs to LibreOffice

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 11:50:56 EST 2014

On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 3:38 AM, Michael Torrie <torriem at gmail.com> wrote:
> [OpenOffice v4] is mostly feature identical to
> LibreOffice 4, and even has a couple of features that LibreOffice lacks.
>  They really need to merge back into one project again, but I suspect
> they won't either for ideological or legal reasons.

Sad. This is yet another of those politically-charged distinctions
that, quite frankly, I have no interest in. Just look at cdrtools vs
wodim, or Ruby 1.9.1 vs Ruby whatever-the-other-is, or for that matter
(switching genres a bit) Caucasian vs {Aboriginal, Native American,
dark skinned, etc, etc, etc}. I can't be bothered figuring out the
differences between them all, and it's disappointing that the
difference has to matter to someone.

ChrisA